Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Vista Take II

Hi,

Here is my update to my Vistaaahhh post. I successfully installed the Novell Client and am able to log in to eDirectory and Active Directory. No problems. I have access to all my network resources. Well, except printing. I will need to add them manually. The Novell Client for Vista doesn't support NDPS. I also installed Microsoft Office 2003, along with Project and Visio. Including all necessary Microsoft updates. Seems to be running fine for me.

I will try and use my notebook more than usual to give it a good test. So far I am alright with it. I do wonder why though. Why the need for an upgrade to Vista? Personally I haven't found anything in Vista that I can't do in XP. Except for the addition of Chess Titans Now that would have been nice to have with XP. I like the transparent Windows, but they aren't that big of a deal to me. Better security, but other than that which is intended to protect you while on line. I do not need the rest. I am the only one who uses use my notebook.

Well that's about it for now. Oh, one more thing, but it is not totally Vista related. Why do some people get so emotional over a computer operating system? It is just a tool and a preference. Use what you like and if you can't well learn how to use what you have. They are no different than the tools you might have in your garage. I have one to remove and oil filter, another for sparkplugs, and so forth. Some I use to pry with, even though they weren't designed for it. Then when they break I have only myself too blame. People are like that with computer programs, operating systems included. Before you start worrying about how it wont do this or that. Maybe it wasn't designed to do this or that. I think half our frustration with technology is our inablitiy to learn what it is for and how to use it. We shouldn't be affraid to ask for some help.

Well that's it.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: