Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Firefox 061008

Today Maria and I installed RC2. Primarily to see what the installation options were. We opted to go with the custom installation. This is what I did when I made the snapshot for Firefox 1.0.6. We documented the steps for the install so we had them for when we make the snapshot. We are going to deploy 3.0 using ZenWorks. We will need to make a snapshot of the application so we can customize the application object for deployment. I figure RC2 would be a good place for us to start. Primarily so Maria can see what goes into making an application object. We were able to create the snapshot and copied the AOT folder to the network for replication. Wednesday we will create the application object and begin to modify it. I also hope to get the notes from Tuesday completed and saved online.

My goal is to work with Maria on developing the staff application object. I think after we have completed one for RC2 and the final release of Firefox 3.0 she should be in good shape to make the snapshot for the public on her own. As far is modifying that application object, we will both need to work on that together. I anticipate collaborating with other ITS staff as we progress with the public application object as well.

No comments: